recipe originates from Ellas Kitchen The First Foods Book (The Purple Book).
NB! One shop bought puff pastry package (275g) yields 8 puffs that are Ø 7.5 cm + some scrap dough (Tip: you could save in the freezer and use later, when you have collected some mure puff pastry scraps.)
- 1 package puff pastry (275 g)
- 1 big ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp of ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 C and prep baking sheets with baking paper.
- Mash banana with a fork and mix it with ricotta and lemon juice.
- Take a glass (Ø7.5) or if you have a round cookie cutter that size use that and cut out circles (16).
- Take the circles and place one tbsp of mixture in the center of the circle and place other circle on top and press the edges together.
- Prepare egg wash (whipped egg) and lightly brush your puffs with it.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes till they have puffed up and golden.
- Take it out and let it cool.
- Enjoy it warm or cold, but in case you would like to have them warm be aware that mixture in the middle might be still warm, so test the temperature before you are giving it to your kiddo.