Here is a quick recipe for marinated red onions, that goes well with grilled meat, salads, burgers and as a topping for a sandwiches. It is low in sugar and uses rice wine vinegar.
(Makes 1 jar (370 ml)
- 1 1/4 dl water
- 75 ml ricewine vinegar
- 2 cloves
- 3 peppercorns
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 3 smaller red onions or 2 medium size
- Slice onions into thin rings.
- Add all the ingredients into pot (besides onions) and bring it to boil.
- Turn the heat off and add the onions. Let it infuse 15 minutes and then transfer into Weck (370 ml) or container. (I just like Weck jars for it ;)).
- Can be kept in fridge for a week.